Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
On July 12-18, 1925, thousands of women came to Portland from over 42 states to attend the Seventh Annual Convention of the National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs. The local chapter of the organization hosted the event, which included committee meetings, introductions to parliamentary law, music, receptions, and sight-seeing tours.
Tours included a trip to Old Orchard Beach, and a clam bake on Peaks Island.
About This Item
- Title: Business and professional women on Peaks Island, Portland, 1925
- Creation Date: 1925
- Subject Date: 1925
- Local Name: Peaks Island
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.10962
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs--7th annual convention, July 12-18, 1925--Photographs
- Railroad stations--Maine--Portland
- Women--Societies and clubs--Congresses and conventions
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.