Contributed by Biddeford Mills Museum
Men and women at Pepperell Mills inspected, cut, and folded the cotton sheeting that the mill produced. Mill regulations stated that the men who worked in this area were required to wear white shirts and the women were required to wear white aprons.
The only person identified in the image is Chester Morel, the man working on the cutting table back-to at the bottom right of the photograph. Chester Morel had 62 years of service with the company.
About This Item
- Title: Pepperell Mills finishing room, Biddeford, ca. 1925
- Creator: Pepperell Manufacturing Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Location: Biddeford, York County, ME
- Media: Photograph
- Dimensions: 16.8 cm x 19.1 cm
- Local Code: 31
- Collection: Photo Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Pepperell Manufacturing Company
- Textile factories--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile industry--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:Biddeford Mills Museum
2 Main Street, Suite 18-108, Biddeford, ME 04005
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.