Courtesy of Henry Gartley, an individual partner
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
The United Sates Post Office Department transported mail via the Bangor & Aroostook Railroad. The Cole's Express truck picked up mail at the Oakfield train station and delivered it to the regional post offices.
About This Item
- Title: Oakfield train station, ca. 1954
- Creation Date: circa 1954
- Subject Date: circa 1954
- Town: Oakfield
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photograph
- Dimensions: 19.1 cm x 26.7 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Bangor & Aroostook Railroad Company.
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company--History--Pictorial works.
- Oakfield (Me.)
- Postal service--Maine--Oakfield
- B & A railroad
- Bangor and Aroostook railroad
- Chevrolet truck
- Cole's Express
- Mail truck
- Train depot
- U.S. Mail
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.