Courtesy of Henry Gartley, an individual partner
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
The Rural Letter Carriers Association of Aroostook county held their meeting in Houlton on May 30, 1911. They posed beside the post office building on Water Street in Houlton.
They arrived by train, and were taken to Nickerson Lake for festivities, including boating and a lunch. They held their meeting afterward in town and then had supper at Hawkes' Cafe. B. E. Hovey of Houlton and H. I. Fisher of Caribou were elected as delegates of the State Convention. The carriers then boarded the evening train and returned home.
About This Item
- Title: Rural Letter Carriers Association of Aroostook meeting, Houlton, 1911
- Creator: Albert Klein
- Creation Date: 1911-05-30
- Subject Date: 1911-05-30
- Location: Houlton, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11.4 cm x 16.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Group portraits
- Houlton (Me.)
- Postal service employees--Maine--Houlton
- Postal service--Maine--Houlton
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.