Contributed by Margaret Chase Smith Library
Margaret Chase Smith stands on her property overlooking the Kennebec River and the town of Skowhegan in 1948.
She later had her home built on the same spot.
This photograph was used in Parade Magazine in 1950. The article was titled, "The Place I Like Best".
About This Item
- Title: Margaret Chase Smith, Skowhegan, 1948
- Creator: Margaret Chase Smith Library
- Creation Date: 1948-06-06
- Subject Date: 1948-06-06
- Local Name: Neil Hill
- Town: Skowhegan
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20.2 cm x 25.4 cm
- Local Code: 1972
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Kennebec River (N.H. and Me.)
- Smith, Margaret Chase, 1897-1995--Homes and haunts--Photographs
- Skowhegan (Me.)--Description and views
- Skowhegan (Me.)--Views
- Kennebec River
- Margaret Chase Smith
- Neil Hill
- Smith, Margaret Chase, 1895-1994
For more information about this item, contact:Margaret Chase Smith Library
56 Norridgewock Avenue, Skowhegan, ME 04976
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.