Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 103300
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
After 15 years, the final episode of The Dave Astor Show aired on June 26, 1971. Originally called "For Teenagers Only", the show was an American-Bandstand type program, which aired locally each week on Saturday afternoons from 1956 through 1971.
About This Item
- Title: Dave Astor and guests on set of the final show, Portland, 1971
- Creation Date: 1971-06-26
- Subject Date: 1971-06-26
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 3.5 cm x 2 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA901
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.