Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
An American Bandstand-type program, The Dave Astor Show aired locally each week on Saturday afternoons from 1956 through 1971. After 1963, it aired exclusively on WCSH, Portland's NBC affiliate.
Local area high school students were chosen each week to appear on the show as guests. Many sang (lip-synced), danced or played musical instruments as part of the program. Cast regulars also appeared on the program.
About This Item
- Title: Student guests peform on The Dave Astor Show, Portland, ca. 1962
- Creation Date: circa 1962
- Subject Date: circa 1962
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA825
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Lewiston High School (Lewiston, Me.)--Students
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.