Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 103251
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Dave Astor Show was a locally produced television program featuring high school students from Maine schools. Originally titled "For Teenagers Only," Astor's program was first broadcast on WGAN (now WGME). It moved exclusively to WCSH, Portland's NBC affiliate, by 1963.
About This Item
- Title: Student interview on The Dave Astor Show, Portland, ca. 1962.
- Creation Date: circa 1962
- Subject Date: circa 1962
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA817
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.