Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
An American-bandstand type program, The Dave Astor Show aired locally each week on Saturday afternoons from 1956 through 1971. It featured a combination of local area student guests and cast regulars, who performed popular music and dance numbers.
Willie Stewart, a student at Deering High School stood in a tuxedo getting ready to perform on the show.
About This Item
- Title: Willie Stewart on set outtake on The Dave Astor Show, Portland, ca. 1962
- Creation Date: circa 1962
- Subject Date: circa 1962
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 3.5 cm x 2 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA805
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- African American students--Maine
- Dave Astor Show
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.