Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Originally titled "For Teenagers Only," The Dave Astor Show was first broadcast on WGAN. It moved to WCSH by 1963. The program aired through 1971.
Local area high school students were chosen each week to appear on The Dave Astor Show as guests. On April 14, 1962, Lewiston high school students appeared on set. In this photo, series regulars Pam Johnson, Lorraine Edwards, and Bob Copeland (from the right), perform with others.
About This Item
- Title: Lewiston High School students perform on The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962.
- Creation Date: 1962-04-14
- Subject Date: 1962-04-14
- Town: Lewiston, Portland
- County: Androscoggin, Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA234
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.