Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The on-set audience of The Dave Astor Show surrounded a Lewiston High School student performer on the April 14, 1962 episode.
The Dave Astor Show aired from 1956 through 1971. Originally titled "For Teenagers Only," Astor's program was first broadcast on WGAN (which became WGME). It moved to WCSH by 1963.
Local area high school students were chosen each week to appear as guests. This episode featured Lewiston students.
About This Item
- Title: Lewiston High School student on The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-04-14
- Subject Date: 1962-04-14
- Town: Lewiston, Portland
- County: Androscoggin, Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA209
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Lewiston High School (Lewiston, Me.)
- Record stores--Maine
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WGME (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.