Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Dave Astor Show aired on locally on Saturday afternoons from 1956 through 1971. Each week, local area high school students were chosen to appear on the show as guests. Here, series regular Pam Johnson watches a fellow guest pantomime a saxophone solo.
This April 14, 1962 episode featured Lewiston High School students.
About This Item
- Title: Pam Johnson and a saxophone "player" on The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-04-14
- Subject Date: 1962-04-14
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA207
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Lewiston High School (Lewiston, Me.)--Students
- Rock and roll dancing
- Saxophone music (Jazz)
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.