Courtesy of Kathy Bolduc Amoroso, an individual partner
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
The Lunn & Sweet baseball team in Auburn won the Industrial League pennant in 1916. Lunn & Sweet Shoe Company in Auburn sponsored the team.
The only identified person in the team photo is back row, left, Antonio (Tony) Bolduc (1898-1955). Zotique Clement Bolduc and Délima Tardif of Auburn and later, Lewiston were Tony's parents. Tony played on at least two semi-pro baseball teams as pitcher, but stopped playing to work in the family business at a shoe and leather findings store.
About This Item
- Title: Lunn & Sweet baseball team, Industrial League Champions, Lewiston, 1916
- Creation Date: 1916
- Subject Date: 1916
- Town: Auburn
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 26.7 cm x 33 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Baseball players--Maine--Lewiston
- Baseball teams--Maine--Lewiston
- Group portraits--Maine--Lewiston
- Shoe industry--Maine--Lewiston
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.