Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
An American-Bandstand type program, The Dave Astor Show aired locally each week on Saturday afternoons from 1956 through 1971. On March 31, 1962, students from Freeport High School appeared on the program. Student guests, and show regulars, typically performed, pantomimed and appeared in theater skits.
About This Item
- Title: Freeport High School student guests on The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-03-31
- Subject Date: 1962-03-31
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 3.5 cm x 2 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA139
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Freeport High School (Freeport, Me.)
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.