Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Dave Astor Show aired from 1956 through 1971. Originally titled "For Teenagers Only," Astor's program was first broadcast on WGAN (now WGME). It moved to WCSH by 1963.
Local area high school students were chosen each week to appear as guests on the program.
About This Item
- Title: A Freeport High School student on The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-03-31
- Subject Date: 1962-03-31
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA138
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Freeport High School (Freeport, Me.)--Students
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.