Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Dave Astor Show was a locally produced television program which featured students from surrounding high schools. Students often performed sketches or pantomimed pop songs. A Freeport High School student guest posed on the set, while in costume.
Originally titled "For Teenagers Only," Dave Astor's program was first broadcast on WGAN (which became WGME). It moved to WCSH by 1963.
About This Item
- Title: Freeport High School student on The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-03-31
- Subject Date: 1962-03-31
- Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Freeport, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA113
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Freeport High School (Freeport, Me.)
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WGME (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.