Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Dave Astor Show was a locally produced television program featuring high school students from surrounding schools. On March 31, 1962, Freeport High School students performed on the show, which aired from 1956 through 1971. It was was first broadcast on WGAN (now WGME). It moved to WCSH by 1963..
During this scene, a teenager posed in front of a display for Family Record Center, a local business and program sponsor, while another young woman (in costume) takes her picture.
About This Item
- Title: Skit performace on The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-03-31
- Subject Date: 1962-03-31
- Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Freeport, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA107
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Family Record Center
- Freeport High School (Freeport, Me.)
- Record stores--Maine
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.