Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
On March 31, 1962, students from Freeport High School appeared on The Dave Astor Show. In this outtake photograph, student guests including Roger McKinney, second from the left behind a counter, film a promotional sequence for Locust Dairy.
Locust Dairy, a dairy farm and distributor from North Limington was a sponsor for the Portland-based television program. The Dave Astor Show aired between 1956 and 1971.
About This Item
- Title: Dave Astor Show outtake, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-03-31
- Subject Date: 1962-03-31
- Town: Freeport, Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA104
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dairy plants--Maine--North Limington
- Dave Astor Show
- Freeport High School (Freeport, Me.)
- Locust Farm Dairy (North Limington, Me.)
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.