Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A sponsor break on The Dave Astor Show's March 31, 1962 episode promoted Circus Time Potato Chips, with additional branding from Coca-Cola. Circus Time Potato Chips was a wholesale manufacturer and distributor located in South Portland.
An American-bandstand type program, The Dave Astor Show aired locally each week on Saturday afternoons from 1956 through 1971. The program featured area high school students. Freeport High School appeared in this particular episode.
About This Item
- Title: The Dave Astor Show sponsorship feature for Circus Time Potato Chips, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-03-31
- Subject Date: 1962-03-31
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA103
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Circus Time Potato Chips
- Coca-Cola Company
- Dave Astor Show
- Freeport High School (Freeport, Me.)
- Potato chip industry--Maine--South Portland
- Potato chips--Maine
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.