Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Dave Astor Show was a Portland based television program featuring high school students from surrounding schools. Mechanic Falls High School students appeared on the show during the March 24, 1962 episode. This image is one within a series for this student's performance.
The Dave Astor Show was broadcast each Saturday from 1956 to 1971. It featured teenagers dancing and singing along to the popular music of the day.
About This Item
- Title: Teenage performer on the set of The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-03-24
- Subject Date: 1962-03-24
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 3 cm x 2.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA79
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Mechanic Falls High School (Mechanic Falls, Me.)
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.