Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Dave Astor Show, a locally produced television program in Portland, featured high school students from surrounding schools. Regional area high school students were chosen each week to appear on the program as guests. A Mechanic Falls High School student guest poses next to a camera while on the set in March 1962.
The Dave Astor Show aired Saturday afternoons from 1956 through 1971. It was was first broadcast on WGAN (now WGME). It moved to WCSH by 1963.
About This Item
- Title: A Mechanic Falls High School student poses on the set of The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-03-24
- Subject Date: 1962-03-24
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA74
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Mechanic Falls High School (Mechanic Falls, Me.)
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.