Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Ragged Lake, located northeast of Moosehead Lake, was a favorite hunting and fishing area of John Dunn. This photo taken November 3, 1893 shows the Tremblay and Kennedy sporting camps, located on Deep Cove at Ragged Lake. A guide would select an area in the woods for a camp, then fell trees and use the trees to erect a camp.
About This Item
- Title: Tremblay and Kennedy Camp, Ragged Lake, 1893
- Creator: Dunn, John W.
- Creation Date: 1893-11-03
- Subject Date: 1893-11-03
- Location: Somerset County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 447, Box 1
- Collection: John W. G. (John Warner Grigg) Dunn photographs and diaries
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cabins--Maine--Ragged Lake
- Deep Cove (Ragged Lake, Me.)
- Fishing guides--Maine
- Hunting guides--Maine
- Log cabins
- Ragged Lake (Me.)
- Tremblay and Kennedy Camp (Ragged Lake, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.