Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
On the set of The Dave Astor Show, South Portland High School student guests, including Bonnie Tibbetts, speak with the show host. The program featured local high school students in an 'American Bandstand' type setting.
The Dave Astor Show aired on WCSH-TV, a Portland-based NBC affiliate from 1956 through 1971.
About This Item
- Title: South Portland High School students on the set of The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-03-17
- Subject Date: 1962-03-17
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA19
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Rock and roll dancing
- South Portland High School (South Portland, Me.)
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.