Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
On the set of The Dave Astor Show on March 17, 1962, South Portland High School students, including Bonnie Tibbetts, pose in front of the camera.
The Dave Astor Show aired on WCSH, Portland's NBC affiliate, from 1956 through 1971. Originally titled "For Teenagers Only," Astor's program was first broadcast on WGAN (now WGME). It moved to WCSH by 1963.
About This Item
- Title: South Portland High School students on the set of The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-03-17
- Subject Date: 1962-03-17
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA16
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Rock and roll dancing
- South Portland High School (South Portland, Me.)
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.