Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
On the set of The Dave Astor Show, series regular Lorraine Edwards sits on top of a piano while other students listen, eat hot dogs and drink soda.
Local area high school students were chosen each week to appear on The Dave Astor Show as guest performers who pantomimed and danced to popular music of the day.
The Dave Astor Show aired on WCSH, a local NBC affiliate from 1956 through 1971.
About This Item
- Title: South Portland High School students perform around a piano on The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-03-17
- Subject Date: 1962-03-17
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA14
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- South Portland High School (South Portland, Me.)
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.