Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Cape Elizabeth High School.
A group of people christened the S.S. "Orhom" at the Cumberland Shipyard in South Portland in 1919. This image is part of photograph series commissioned by the Cumberland Shipbuilding Company.
About This Item
- Title: Christening of the S.S. "Orhom," South Portland, 1919
- Creator: Cumberland Shipbuilding Company
- Creation Date: 1919-04-02
- Subject Date: 1919-04-02
- Local Name: Cushing's Point
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 454/132
- Collection: Cumberland Shipbuilding Company photograph album
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cumberland Shipbuilding Company
- Orhom (Ship)
- Shipbuilding--Maine--South Portland
- Shipyards--Maine--South Portland
- World War, 1914-1918
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.