Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The completed S.S. "Belgrade" at the Cumberland Shipyard in South Portland on October 11, 1918.
Many of the ships that were built by the Cumberland Shipbuilding Company during World War I were named after locations in Maine.
About This Item
- Title: The S.S. "Belgrade," South Portland, 1918
- Creator: Cumberland Shipbuilding Company
- Creation Date: 1918-10-11
- Subject Date: 1918-10-11
- Location: South Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 454/100
- Collection: Cumberland Shipbuilding Company photograph album
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Belgrade (Ship)
- Cumberland Shipbuilding Company
- Shipbuilding--Maine--South Portland
- Shipyards--Maine--South Portland
- World War, 1914-1918
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.