Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The deck of the S.S. "Belgrade," under construction at the Cumberland Shipyard in South Portland in 1918, used hull number "384." The hull number can be seen on the right.
Wooden ships built at the Cumberland Shipyard during World War I were used to transport military supplies.
About This Item
- Title: Construction of the S.S. "Belgrade," South Portland, 1918
- Creator: Cumberland Shipbuilding Company
- Creation Date: 1918-08-28
- Subject Date: 1918-08-28
- Location: South Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19.5 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 454/094
- Collection: Cumberland Shipbuilding Company photograph album
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Belgrade (Ship)
- Cumberland Shipbuilding Company
- Shipbuilding--Maine--South Portland
- Shipyards--Maine--South Portland
- World War, 1914-1918
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.