Courtesy of Matthew Jude Barker, an individual partner
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Portland native John Patrick Francis Newell (1885-1969), a Portland police officer, posed in front of his family homestead at 263 York Street, Portland.
The son of County Galway immigrants, John was later Police Chief of Portland during 1943-1948.
About This Item
- Title: Portland police officer John Newell, ca. 1915
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: circa 1915
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8 cm x 4.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Emigration and immigration--Ireland.
- Irish Americans--Maine--Portland.
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.