Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A Deering High School student dances on the set of The Dave Astor show. Each week, students from area high schools were selected to appear on the locally produced televsion program. Students were chosen based on talent, as well as an academic and behavioral basis.
Students would sing, dance and lip-sync on the show, following an "American Band-Stand" type forumla. The Dave Astor Show aired from 1956 through 1971.
About This Item
- Title: Deering High School student dancing on set of The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-04-07
- Subject Date: 1962-04-07
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Transparency Slide
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA181
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Deering High School (Portland, Me.)--Students
- Music and teenagers--Maine--Portland
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.