Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Six Deering High School students pose with local television personality Dave Astor on the set of his weekly program, The Dave Astor Show. Students include (from left to right) Ed Moses, Judy Edes and Charlie Goodspeed. The young man second from right is Ed Phillips.
Local area high school students were chosen each week to appear on the program as guests. The program aired on Saturday afternoons, from 1956 through 1971.
About This Item
- Title: Deering High School guests pose with Dave Astor, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-04-07
- Subject Date: 1962-04-07
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Transparency Slide
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA178
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Deering High School (Portland, Me.)--Students
- Music and teenagers--Maine--Portland
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.