Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
On April 7, 1962, Deering High School students appeared as guests on The Dave Astor Show, a locally produced television program. Students were selected from area high schools to perform on the weekly program. The selection process was based on talent, as well academic and behavioral performance at area schools.
This photograph shows students off-camera, looking on as filming takes place elsewhere on set.
About This Item
- Title: Deering High School students on the set of The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-04-07
- Subject Date: 1962-04-07
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Transparency Slide
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA163
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Deering High School (Portland, Me.)--Students
- Music and teenagers--Maine--Portland
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.