Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Local television personality Dave Astor talks with Deering High School students and featured guests during a taping of The Dave Astor Show at the WCSH-TV studios in Portland. The Dave Astor Show featured local area high school students on its weekly program. On April 7, 1962, students from Deering High School were on set.
An American-bandstand type program, The Dave Astor Show aired locally each week on Saturday afternoons from 1956 through 1971.
About This Item
- Title: Dave Astor and Deering High School Students, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-04-07
- Subject Date: 1962-04-07
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Transparency Slide
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA159
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Deering High School (Portland, Me.)--Students
- Music and teenagers--Maine--Portland
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.