Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Dave Astor Show was a locally produced television program featured high school students from surrounding schools. In this April 7, 1962 episode, Deering High School student guests were on set.
In this photo, series regulars eat hot dogs during a promotional spot, including Bob Copeland at the far left, and Lorraine Edwards, third from the right. In addition to the centrally placed signage, Coca-Cola products are strategically placed along the counter top.
The Dave Astor Show aired from 1956 through 1971.
About This Item
- Title: Deering High School Students on the set of The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-04-07
- Subject Date: 1962-04-07
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Transparency Slide
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA157
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Coca-Cola Company
- Dave Astor Show
- Deering High School (Portland, Me.)--Students
- Music and teenagers--Maine--Portland
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.