Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Students from Deering High School look on as TV host Dave Astor speaks to the television cameras. 'The Dave Astor Show: For Teenagers Only' was broadcast on the WCSH network, a local NBC affiliate. The programed aired from 1956 through 1971, and featured students for area high schools, as well as regular guests.
Pictured guests include Eddie Moses in the front row, at far right. He is seated next to Judy Edes, followed by Charlie Goodspeed. Also in the front row are Ed Phillips and Ken Astor (third and fourth from left, respectively). This particular episode took place on April 7, 1962.
About This Item
- Title: Deering High School students on the Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-04-07
- Subject Date: 1962-04-07
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Transparency slide
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA151
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Deering High School (Portland, Me.)--Students
- Music and teenagers--Maine--Portland
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.