Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
On August 13, 1887, John Dunn photographed these three women as they walked along this road known as The Road to North Bay.
Mount Kineo can be seen rising skyward in the distance. In the late 19th century, the Moosehead Lake region had become famous for its rugged beauty and abundant fish and game.
About This Item
- Title: Road to North Bay, Moosehead Lake, 1887
- Creator: John W.G. Dunn
- Creation Date: 1887-08-13
- Subject Date: 1887-08-13
- Location: Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Cabinet photograph
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 22 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 447, Box 1
- Collection: John W. G. (John Warner Grigg) Dunn photographs and diaries
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Mt. Kineo (Me.)--Photographs.
- Moosehead Lake Region (Me.)--Photographs
- North Bay (Moosehead Lake, Me.)
- Dunn, John W.G. (1869-1941)
- Mountains --Maine.
- John Dunn
- North Bay (Moosehead Lake Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.