Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Fort Williams military baseball team pictured with sporting equipment and in cadet uniforms. During WWI, Fort Williams was used to protect the U.S. from potential air raids, utilizing disappearing guns and Battery fortifications. This photo was taken prior to the start of the WWI, and before the fort was fully manned.
About This Item
- Title: Fort Williams baseball team, Cape Elizabeth, 1913
- Creation Date: 1913
- Subject Date: 1913
- Location: Cape Elizabeth, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20.3 cm x 25.4 cm
- Local Code: 2003.106.002
- Collection: Photographs--Maine--Military Personnel
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Baseball--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- Fort Williams (Me.)--History
- Fortification--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- World War, 1914-1918--Maine--Casco Bay
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.