Contributed by Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Chansonetta Stanley Emmons photographed a wide range of rural scenes throughout New England. This is Edson High School in Stowe, Vermont, which she entitled "Little red school house."
Emmons and her daughter, Dorothy, hand colored Chansonetta's lantern slides for slide show presentations. This photograph may have been part of a slide show.
About This Item
- Title: "Little red school house," Stowe, Vermont, ca. 1910
- Creator: Emmons, Chansonetta Stanley
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: Stowe
- County: Lamoille
- State: VT
- Media: Lantern slide, hand colored
- Dimensions: 5.5 cm x 7.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4040, Box 6/A070
- Collection: Chansonetta Stanley Emmons photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Edson High School (Stowe, Vt.)
- School buildings--Vermont--Stowe
- Women photographers--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.