Contributed by Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This image, called "Service for 6" by the photographer Chansonetta Stanley Emmons, is of six cows with their heads through a feeding station. It is an example of Emmons' interest in farm life and work. Born in Kingfield in 1858, Emmons traveled throughout New England to pursue her photographic work. She often captured nostalgic images of rural farm life.
About This Item
- Title: Cows at feed trough, ca. 1910
- Creator: Emmons, Chansonetta Stanley
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Media: Lantern slide
- Dimensions: 20.3 cm x 25.4 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4040, Box 5/A025
- Collection: Chansonetta Stanley Emmons Photograph Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.