Contributed by Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
John G. True stands with the whip near the oxen, while three men rake and load hay. The photographer, Chansonetta Stanley Emmons, titled the image, "The Last Load." She photographed a number of images on the True family farm, related to the process of haymaking.
About This Item
- Title: "The Last Load" on the True farm, New Portland, ca. 1910
- Creator: Emmons, Chansonetta Stanley
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: New Portland
- County: Somerset
- State: Me
- Media: Lantern slide, hand colored
- Dimensions: 8 cm x 10 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4040 Box 5/A028
- Collection: Chansonetta Stanley Emmons photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.