Contributed by Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Born in 1891, Dorothy Stanley Emmons was the daughter of Chansonetta Stanley Emmons, a well-known photographer from Kingfield. A widow at age 40, Chansonetta traveled around New England with her young daughter photographing rural life. Dorothy was an artist in her own right, often hand-coloring her mother's lantern slides, or taking photographs herself as seen here.
About This Item
- Title: Cattle show, North New Portland, ca. 1910
- Creator: Emmons, Dorothy Stanley
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: North New Portland
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Lantern slide, hand colored
- Dimensions: 7 cm x 5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4040, Box 5/A032
- Collection: Chansonetta Stanley Emmons photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.