Contributed by Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Photographer Chansonetta Stanley Emmons and her daughter Dorothy took a series of photographs at the Farmington County Fair in 1932. The hand colored image at the oxen pull includes a full grandstand in the background, as three men rest their feet on the drag.
The Farmington Fair was in its 92nd year in 1932. Chansonetta Stanley Emmons was raised in nearby Kingfield.
About This Item
- Title: County fair pulling contest, Farmington, 1932
- Creator: Emmons, Chansonetta Stanley
- Creation Date: 1932
- Subject Date: 1932
- Town: Farmington
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Lantern slide, hand colored
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4040 Box 5/A034
- Collection: Chansonetta Stanley Emmons photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Agricultural exhibitions--Maine--Farmington
- Farmington Fair (Farmington, Me.)
- Women photographers--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.