Contributed by Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A smiling farmer and his cattle in North New Portland. The photographer, Chansonetta Stanley Emmons entitled this lantern slide "World's Fair Cattle Show," which may be a reference to the Waterford World's Fair, an annual event in Oxford County, or a New Portland version.
Born in Kingfield in 1858, Emmons painted miniatures before turning to photography in the late 1890's. Hand-colored lantern slides were a favorite medium.
About This Item
- Title: World's fair cattle show, North New Portland, ca. 1910
- Creator: Emmons, Chansonetta Stanley
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: North New Portland
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Lantern slide, hand colored
- Dimensions: 5 cm x 7 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4040 Box 5/A038
- Collection: Chansonetta Stanley Emmons photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cattle--Maine--New Portland
- Cows--Maine--New Portland
- Farmers--Maine--New Portland
- Women photographers--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.