Contributed by Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A smiling farmer and his cattle in North New Portland. The photographer, Chansonetta Stanley Emmons entitled this lantern slide "World's Fair Cattle Show," which may be a reference to the Waterford World's Fair, an annual event in Oxford County, or a New Portland version.
Born in Kingfield in 1858, Emmons painted miniatures before turning to photography in the late 1890's. Hand-colored lantern slides were a favorite medium.
About This Item
- Title: World's fair cattle show, North New Portland, ca. 1910
- Creator: Emmons, Chansonetta Stanley
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: North New Portland
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Lantern slide, hand colored
- Dimensions: 5 cm x 7 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4040 Box 5/A038
- Collection: Chansonetta Stanley Emmons photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.