Contributed by Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Chansonetta Stanley Emmons, born in Kingfield in 1858, was a well-known photographer of the early 20th century. She traveled throughout New England and the Carolinas, as well as Canada and Europe for her work.
Emmons and her daughter Dorothy would climb Stanley Hill (near where Emmons grew up) and spend the day photographing and painting.
About This Item
- Title: Sunrise at Stanley Hill, Kingfield, ca. 1910
- Creator: Emmons, Chansonetta Stanley
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: Kingfield
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Lantern slide
- Dimensions: 5 cm x 7.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4040, Box 5/A041
- Collection: Chansonetta Stanley Emmons Photograph Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.