Contributed by Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The fireplace with Dutch oven, the furniture and utensils are reminiscent of an earlier time period in America. Photographer Chansonetta Stanley Emmons typically photographed nostalgic settings and used dated production methods as part of her aesthetic.
Emmons photographed nostalgic scenes throughout New England, as well as in the Carolinas, Canada and Europe.
About This Item
- Title: Fireplace scene, Kingfield, ca. 1910
- Creator: Emmons, Chansonetta Stanley
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: Kingfield
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Lantern slide, hand colored
- Dimensions: 5.5 cm x 8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4040, Box 5/A045
- Collection: Chansonetta Stanley Emmons photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dutch oven cooking--Maine--Kingfield
- Dutch ovens--Maine--Kingfield
- Fireplace cooking--Maine--Kingfield
- Women photographers--Maine
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.