Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Joseph Murray (right), a U.S. Navy veteran of World War I from Maine, stands on the deck of the R.M.S. Scythia with friends Mike Mulkern (middle) and Bill Lee (left). In honor of the ten year anniversary of the U.S. entry into WWI, The R.M.S. Scythia was a cruise liner booked as part of The Second American Expedition Forces consisting of veterans returning to France with their families. The cruise liner left Boston for France on September 9th, 1927, arrived in Le Havre on September 17th.
About This Item
- Title: Joseph Murray and friends on deck of the R.M.S. Scythia, 1927
- Creation Date: 1927
- Subject Date: 1927
- Town: Boston, Le Havre, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Seine-Maritime, Suffolk
- State: MA, ME
- Media: Photographic Print
- Dimensions: 11.4 cm x 7 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2874, Box 2/1
- Collection: Joseph L. Murray Second A.E.F. Paris trip
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- American Legion.
- Carmania (Ocean liner)
- France -- Description and travel.
- Scythia (Steamship : 1921-1958)
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Anniversaries, etc.
- World War, 1914-1918.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.