Contributed by Dixfield Historical Society
Raymond Howard and Clara Stetson were married in the garden of the Stetson home on Main Street in Dixfield on September 5th, 1932. They owned and operated Howard's Dry Goods Store located in the Harlow Block on Main Street, Dixfield from the early 1930s until 1971 when Raymond retired. The store carried clothing, notions, and general merchandise.
Raymond and Clara Howard were well-known business owners and civic-minded citizens of Dixfield. Some of Raymond's civic contributions were through the Dixfield Fire Company and School Board, as well as serving on several advisory boards.Clara was a member of the Advance Club, Order of the Eastern Star, and treasurer for the Congregational Church.
About This Item
- Title: Clara and Raymond Howard wedding day, Dixfield, 1932
- Creator: Dixfield Historical Society
- Creation Date: 1932-09-05
- Subject Date: 1932-09-05
- Town: Dixfield
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 15 cm x 10 cm
- Local Code: 2015-118
- Collection: Courtesy Lucy Howard Callendar
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Department stores--Maine--Dixfield
- Dry goods stores--Maine--Dixfield
- Grooms (Weddings)--Maine--Dixfield
- Stores & shops--Maine--Dixfield
- Wedding clothing & dress--Maine--Dixfield
For more information about this item, contact:Dixfield Historical Society
59 Main Street, PO Box 182, Dixfield, ME 04224
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.