Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Charles Lenox Remond, a prominent African-American anti-slavery activist, wrote to the Portland Anti-Slavery Society to accept their speaking invitation.
About This Item
- Title: Letter from Charles Lenox Remond to Elizabeth Mountfort, July 18, 1850
- Creator: Charles Lenox Remond
- Creation Date: 1850-07-18
- Subject Date: 1850-07-18
- Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Watertown, MA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 14, Box 1/3
- Collection: Portland Anti-Slavery Society records
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Antislavery movements--Maine--Portland
- Lectures and lecturing
- Mountfort, Elizabeth, 1806-1876--Correspondence
- Portland Anti-slavery Society--Records and correspondence
- Remond, Charles Lenox, 1810-1873--Correspondence
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.