Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A man with a cigar exposing a secret stash of liquor bottles in the base of a Victrola. The bottles are empty, perhaps from previous confiscation. This exhibits just one of many techniques used to hide alcohol during the Prohibition era. The Portland City Hall is in the background.
About This Item
- Title: Man with cigar revealing secret liquor stash, Portland, ca. 1922
- Creation Date: circa 1922
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 10.8 cm x 8.3 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.5805
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.