Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Saco and Pettee Machine Shops of Biddeford built the machinery used in textile mills from 1897-1912.
Brunswick's Cabot Mills placed an order with the Saco and Pettee on February 13, 1908 and the next day this postcard was mailed to them, to acknowledge and confirm that their order had been received and was being worked on.
The writing on the front of the card reads:
Biddeford, Maine, Feb. 14, 1908
We thank you for your Order, No. 9338 dated Feb. 13, 1908
Which will have our immediate attention.
Yours very truly, Saco & Pettee Machine Shops TM
Cabot Mfg. Co.
About This Item
- Title: Saco and Pettee Machine Shops order acknowledgement, Biddeford, 1908
- Creator: Saco and Pettee Machine Shops
- Creation Date: 1908-02-14
- Subject Date: 1908-02-14
- Town: Biddeford, Brunswick
- County: Cumberland, York
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: carr468
- Collection: Richard N. Carr Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Laconia Mills
- Machine shops--Maine--Biddeford
- Pepperell Manufacturing Company
- Pepperell Mills
- Saco-Lowell Foundry
- Textile industry--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile machinery
- business correspondence
- Cabot Manufacturing Company
- Saco and Pettee Machine Shops
- Saco Water Power Company
- Saco Water Power Machine Shops
- Saco-Lowell Shops
- trade postcards
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.